COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) Insurance: NIL Excess, pay an additional NZD$35.00(GST exclude) per day and reduce your excess to zero.
STANDARD INSURANCE with excess fee. NZD$25.00(GST exclude) for 8 seats cars or above. NZD$30.00(GST exclude) for cars with more than 8 seats.
What is excess?
An excess is the amount you must contribute toward a claim for each event that occurs.
What’s in basic insurance?
Collision Damage Waiver and Basic Third Party Liability, driver needs to pay the excess within NZD$3000, insurance company will pay for the fee exceed NZD$3000.
collision damage waiver: CWD is optionaldamageinsurance coverage that is available to you when you rent a car. Car rental companies treat the CDW as awaiverof their right to make the renter pay fordamagesto the car.
The indemnities referred to above shall not apply where the damage, injury, or loss arises when:
1. The damage of the vehicle windows, inside decoration, wheels, tires, underpan and roof.
2. The vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition or operated on any beach or off-road.
3. The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to drive the vehicle;
4. The vehicle is driven by any person not named in the car rental agreement;
5. The vehicle including its accessories is damaged by an item transported inside or outside the vehicle such as skis, snow/surf boards or bicycles
6. NZD$800 will be charged when the renter loss the car key while the vehicle is on hire.