1. For individuals and authorised representatives of businesses, at the time you register to become a user of the Alibaba Cloud Platform, you may be asked to complete a registration form which requires you to provide information such as your email address, telephone number, country of origin, and preferred language. As an option, you may also provide to us additional contact information in your account profile, including but not limited to customer name, customer contact address, screen nickname, email address for sub-accounts, mobile number, and etc.
2. We record and retain details of your activities (including any purchase or use of our product offerings and services) when you use the Alibaba Cloud Platform and/or certain Cloud Services for legal and/or business purposes. If you make purchase transactions online through the Alibaba Cloud Platform, we also collect information related to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the Cloud Services, pricing information, and any trade dispute/complaint records.
3. When you contact our customer support, sales or other departments, we keep records of the communication.
4. If you make online purchases for our Cloud Services through the Alibaba Cloud Platform, you may be required to provide information related to your payment instrument (such as credit cards), including information about your payment instrument organisation, the last few digits of your payment instrument number, the security code, and the expiration date of your payment instrument, directly to our payment service provider.
5. Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that you do not provide any or sufficient data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide you with our Cloud Services.
6. We also record and retain records of users’ buying and browsing activities on the Alibaba Cloud Platform, including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and buying behavioural patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about our Alibaba Cloud Platform and visitors to our Alibaba Cloud Platform including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors.
7. We may from time to time collect additional information from you (such as copies of identification documents) or obtain information about you from third parties in order to carry out risk control, fraud prevention and compliance procedures.
B. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
If you provide any personal data to us, you consent (or shall have procured the relevant consent from third parties) to our collection, retention, use and disclosure of that personal data for the following purposes:
1. processing your registration as a user, providing you with an user ID for our Alibaba Cloud Platform and maintaining and managing your registration;
2. providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
3. providing the Cloud Services to you and/or your end users;
4. performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of our Alibaba Cloud Platform, to improve our product offerings and services;
5. publishing any information voluntarily submitted by you (which may include personal data) to our Alibaba Cloud Platform to be published on our Alibaba Cloud Platform through the publishing tools (such as our discussion forums);
6. making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by applicable law or in respect of any claims or potential claims brought against us;
7. processing the personal data in accordance with your instructions;
8. performing risk control, legal compliance and sanctions screening;
9. performing screening and checks for unlawful, fraudulent, deceptive or malicious activities; and
10. purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Subject to obtaining your specific consent and/or where permitted by applicable law, we may use your name, phone number, residential address, email address and fax number (which may incorporate personal data) to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing and promotional materials to you relating to goods and services offered by us on our Alibaba Cloud Platform.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. You agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Singapore or to a location outside of Singapore) your personal data to third party service providers engaged by us at our sole discretion to assist with providing you with our services (including providing customer services to you, contacting you regarding promotions products and services, and conducting payment processing services) (the "Third Party Service Providers"). These Third Party Service Providers may be located in Singapore or outside of Singapore, and are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your personal data in connection with the purposes specified in Section B above, and not for their own purposes.
2. You agree that we may disclose and transfer your personal data to other companies within the Alibaba Group (who may be located in Singapore or outside Singapore) for the purposes specified at Section B above.
3. Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by us for legal and/or business purposes and will be accessible by our employees for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in Section B above, and will be retained and/or processed by any Third Party Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to in C.1 and C.2 above for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in Section B above.
4. We may provide statistical information to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide personally-identifying information without your permission.
D. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
E. SECURITY MEASURES
1. We use commercially reasonable endeavors to protect the personal data that you provide to us. We also employ several security techniques, such as the use of industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for transmission of personal data in registration information and payment information and the adoption of identity, credential and access management measures for transmission of such personal data to prevent security breaches and unauthorized access of personal data. We limit access to your personal data and other data to people who need to access to such data for their work.
2. Nevertheless, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the personal data we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee security in connection with your use of the Alibaba Cloud Platform and our Cloud Services.
F. RIGHT TO ACCESS/CORRECT PERSONAL DATA; CONTACTING US
You have the right to request access to your personal data held by us (or on our behalf) and to request correction of such personal data. You may also have supplemental rights under applicable law in relation to your personal data.
If a minor (a person under the age of 18) has provided us with personal data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may contact us on the minor’s behalf to request that we cease any further collection, use and/or disclosure of the personal data relating to the relevant minor.
? European Economic Area (EEA)
For individuals in the EEA, and/or in relation to processing conducted by or on behalf of Alibaba.com (Europe) Limited, please contact:
Attention: Legal Counsel
Alibaba.com (Europe) Limited, 3rd Floor, Davidson Building, 5 Southampton Street, London, England, WC2E 7HA, United Kingdom
If Alibaba.com (Europe) Limited is not the relevant “data controller” for the purposes of EEA data protection law, you will be directed to the relevant entity.
? Outside the EEA
In all cases, please contact:
Attention: General Counsel
Alibaba.com Singapore E-Commerce Private Limited, Legal Department, c/o 26/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
1. We use "cookies" to store specific information about you and track your visits to our Alibaba Cloud Platform. We may also use “cookies” to store specific information about your use of certain Cloud Services as part of its features and to facilitate or enhance your user experience of the relevant service. A "cookie" is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can be sent to your computer’s hard drive only if you access our Alibaba Cloud Platform using a computer. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same computer to access our Alibaba Cloud Platform, our web servers will be notified of your visit to our Alibaba Cloud Platform and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
3. You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed in the computer you are using to access the Alibaba Cloud Platform. If you choose, you can change those configurations. By setting your preferences in the browser, you can accept all cookies or you can choose to be notified when a cookie is sent or you can choose to reject all cookies. If you reject all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function in your browser, you may be required to re-enter information on our Alibaba Cloud Platform more often and certain features of our Alibaba Cloud Platform may be unavailable.
Auckland: 36 Galway Street,Onehunga, Auckland
Queenstown: 111 Glenda Drive, Frankton, Queenstown
Christchurch: 6 Sir Keith Park Place, Harewood, Christchurch